Wednesday, January 9, 2013

life lately

I don't have Christmas pictures yet but I'm tired of looking at the previous post so we're moving on.
Matt still likes his job and is working his tail off trying to finish his thesis and handle his new responsibilities at the hospital.  Some of the senior management guys have taken jobs elsewhere so he gets more to do and is excited but overwhelmed.
I still like my job, too:)  Grayce is a roly-poly delight and has started crawling and sleeping through the night.  She's into all kinds of trouble.  T will be 3 next month!  Last night after I tucked him in, he got up to go to the bathroom.  I was having a meeting downstairs and he usually likes to peek in on us and then go in and out of his room and wake up G.  But HE WENT RIGHT BACK TO BED!  It was a miracle.  And, he's useful.  Recently I asked him to go get a new jar of peanut butter from the basement and he fetched it right away.  Next I'll teach him to make dinner;)
We're still deciding when/how to buy a car and have mostly given up on our dear green machine being found.  We traded in our cable subscription for a gym membership so we're feeling pretty good about ourselves.
 Here's what's going on around our house these days:
Tom builds something, G ruins it, he abuses her, and she runs to Momma.  Repeat all day.


















They love each other but sometimes I laugh to myself imagining if the neighbors could hear me all day saying, "get off her.  do not tip her over again.  do you want her to be sad?  if you sit on her one more time you're going to time out.  take the blanket off of her head.  don't go near her.  if she cries, you're going to time out.  babies don't like their necks to be squeezed.  your sister is not a horse (now that she crawls, he loves to sit on her back and say, 'run like the wind, Bullseye!')."  Lucky for her she's pretty tough and she takes it very well.  But she'll be bigger then him next week and then he'll regret it. 

8 comments:

  1. I am dying at "Run like the wind, Bullseye!" What a funny kid!!! If it's any consolation, this sounds EXACTLY like my brother Jacob (17 mos older than me) and me when we were younger. We love each other now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love all of these pictures! And Grayce's hair is coming in nicely. I can't believe how big she's getting. And no worries, the build, destroy, abuse, and cry routine is all alive and well at our house too. Except it's usually Jon crying and Kara laughing diabolically. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Run like the Wind, Bullseye!" is cracking me up as well as "she'll be bigger than him next week. Then he'll regret it." It was so much fun to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're dying over "Run like the wind, Bullseye!" That's too funny. I love her hair and the two little teeth. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're missing those two little rascals. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how our families are so similar. I could practically have written this post. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Except the part where Grayce is getting hair. Virginia is still peach fuzz :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with every picture. I had to go through the whole thing more than once.

    ReplyDelete