Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring happenings



This big girl is growing up way too fast.  She's into trouble at all times and has an attitude, but she also gives the best snuggles.  She loves her dad the most.  

Easter egg hunt at the church
Tom had a great time goofing around with his buddies at our ward Easter brunch. 
 We made chicks and Tom took such pride in painting his all by himself.  He's finally getting into crafts and I love it.
Some more Easter decor.  These shelves are my favorite thing about our apartment.
 hunting for the baskets



 She got mini banana muffins in her eggs.  And yogurt bites.  She was very pleased about it.

Matt was driving back from VA on Easter Sunday so I was a little nervous about Sacrament meeting by myself.  But it was an Easter miracle--they were both so well behaved, and Tom even stayed on the bench when I went up to direct the Primary and sing in the choir.   And Grayce kept her headband on for a record amount of time (which isn't hard to do because her previous record is .5 seconds).  How does anyone get their toddlers to keep things in their hair?  As soon as she had hair long enough to clip something in it, she was not tolerating accessories in it.

 "wet's have a picnic in our umbrella!"


 Today we made brownies with spinach and carrot in them.  Whole wheat flour, egg whites, not enough sugar...the works.  They were fine and the kids were fooled, but let's not do that again.  If I'm going to have a treat, I want a treat
 She's just like Tom was at this age...always trying to get outside.  If the door is open, she escapes as fast as she can.  Today she tried the doorknob and then looked at me and pointed to where the keys hang and said "DAT!".  Shes' super bossy and usually gets what she wants.  When I carry her outside she pushes me away and tries her best to get down so she can crawl around and eat whatever she finds on the ground.  It's time to walk!

P.S. They found our car last week (Matt's Honda was stolen around Thanksgiving).  It was trashed and useless so we left it at the impound.  So sad, but at least we're not wondering anymore.  The guy went to jail but got bailed out after 3 days, so hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your Hondas too. The Garmin and Matt's new golf clubs were nowhere to be found, but there was a pretty sweet hoodie left in there.  Apparently the guy asked if he could get it out before they took him to jail.  The guys at the impound offered it to Matt:)



4 comments:

  1. I just love your cute kids! Thanks for all the pics and the update. I'm glad your kids were fooled by your brownies, but I'm with you. Give me the good stuff! But maybe it would be smart to make the healthy ones to give the kids so they don't eat all of mine next time! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable.... makes my day. correction: makes OUR day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, Grayce seems so much older than Virginia! I love your stories and your kids are adorbs. Let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great apartment, I want to see it! Your kitchen seems great. I love those pretty shelves with all the vases. And I love the red and white striped window thing! Come decorate my house!

    Graycie is so big, it's tragic. Can't wait to see ya!

    ReplyDelete